Monday, February 24, 2014

Fire & Water

Completed the class project from my local quilting class on Sunday night. I have to say I will likely never do hand binding again even though I do love the look and finish of it. It's just too tedious and irritating with the loss of dexterity in my fingers from the RA. I did use a bad type of thread for it so maybe someday I'll try it again but for now I will have to keep exploring machine binding.

So here is my finished project! I quilted free hand flame type designs in the small frame surrounding the center squares and the rust colored areas around the brighter orange star points. In the gray area I quilted one of Leah Day's designs called Underwater Rocks. I am going to use the quilt as a wall hanging. The colors go perfectly in my house :)




No comments:

Post a Comment