Sunday, February 16, 2014

Jackie's Quilt

Years ago I offered to make a quilt for my mother in law and she picked fabrics out and gave them to me. Then I pretty much stalled out on any sewing projects because of not really having a decent space to work, and just having no idea how to quilt it on my own. Anyways, I recently got out her fabric and decided to try a basic pinwheel quilt since she said she liked the pinwheel design after I painted it on one of my jumps. I finished the top today and plan to get it basted together tomorrow. It's about 70"X58".... Large lap, sofa nap type size. I learned a lot making this and in a few years when my skill is better I will make her another one with better craftsmanship, but overall I am really happy with it. My first pinwheel blocks:



No comments:

Post a Comment