Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A quick catch up on what I've been up to...

So I finished the Heart Flower and Feathers whole cloth quilt and had my first experience with binding. It didn't go well but it's done and I learned some things from my mistakes.



 I also began  making my first appliqué piece and I am pretty excited about how that is coming along. I based my design off of a pattern available in the July/Aug 2013 issue of Quiltmaker called the Fall Skinnie, "Hoo's there?" I changed it to make a spring or summer version though.
Here is what the pattern looks like:


And here is my version made for spring!!!


Other than that I did some practice of free motion quilting freehand spirals...


And I got my nine patch blocks pieced for the BBQA for February! First time doing nine patch blocks, pretty happy with how they ended up. I did make an error when I was precutting all my fabric for the whole project and I didn't cut enough piece for this and I don't have any extra of the blue so I had to border one block in the green but I think it looks good and it's neat to have the variation. Looking forward to quilting them!





No comments:

Post a Comment